" CostX is our preferred estimating tool and we are currently using it on every continent we are present in. Our first interaction with Building Information Modelling took place in early 2010, and since then our experience is that Exactal have ensured that they are up to date with the latest developments within the Design Industry. Our suggestions to improve product functionality are properly considered and, where appropriate, are implemented in new product releases and feedback from Exactal’s support is always timely and comprehensive. "
Nicky Dobreanu, Senior Cost Consultant (Ireland)
Bruce Shaw is an internationally acclaimed group of construction professionals, servicing clients in 130 cities in over 40 countries. The company aims to provide faster project delivery, greater cost certainty and maximum value for money from the built asset investment. They pride themselves for being at the forefront of technological advances and innovation in service delivery in the global consultancy market. As one of Europe’s leading quantity surveying practices, they have a proven track record in providing cost management services on major projects through specialised divisions within the Group.
Bruce Shaw decided to adopt a new electronic estimating system in an initiative to migrate towards a paperless office, while maintaining a comprehensive digital record and audit trail of our work and maintaining existing QA certifications. Having identified and tested what we considered to be the leading software packages in the sector, we selected CostX by Exactal as our preferred software partner. Based on regular assessments of similar products on the market, we firmly believe that CostX remains the market leader, offering the complete package on all fronts and crucially the flexibility at both pre and post contract stages to deliver the best service possible for our clients around the world.
Bruce Shaw implemented CostX in early 2009 and after a very swift training of staff this became the main electronic estimating system. Some of the obvious advantages CostX immediately brought include:
- Staff working concurrently on the same project (network licenses - Ireland)
- Staff mobility with full system access and functionality (standalone & portable licenses - overseas offices)
- Flexible, comprehensive interface with Clients, Designers, and Contractors (CostX Viewer)
- Change management and dealing with design revisions, including drawing comparison (2D & 3D)
- Microsoft Excel integration using CostXL
- Manual take-off within 3D models and improved IFC BIM support
- 4D BIM support (Primavera P6) for our Project Managers